Hair Transplant FAQ
Making the decision to undergo hair transplant surgery can be overwhelming. You may have many unanswered questions regarding this procedure. Avance Hair Transplant has put together a hair transplant FAQ to answer the most common questions received at the clinic in Reno, Nevada.
- A hair transplant is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that transports hair follicles and scalp hair to targeted areas where baldness or thinning hair is occurring. The procedure is performed with a local anesthetic to minimize discomfort. You will need to have someone available to provide transportation home after the surgery.
- The ideal candidate for hair transplant surgery can depend on the severity of hair loss and a person’s overall health. If there is no donor hair available, you may need to consider other treatment options. A consultation with a board certified surgeon can help you determine if you are an ideal candidate.
- Recovery after a hair transplant is minimal for most patients. Many individuals are able to return to work and normal daily activities a few days after the procedure. You will receive aftercare instructions for daily care and cleaning from your surgeon to help you achieve optimal results. You may experience some itching during recovery. Shedding can occur approximately three weeks after the procedure and growth will resume in approximately eight weeks.
- Scarring is normal for any surgical procedure but can be minimal and barely noticeable with a hair transplant. The amount of scarring depends on the techniques used during the procedure and the skill of the surgeon. Following the aftercare instructions provided by the surgeon can help reduce any scarring.
- A hair transplant can be an effective surgical treatment option for both men and women. Avance Plastic Surgery and Hair Transplant offers multiple surgical and non-surgical hair restoration treatment options for Nevada residents and patients all over the world. During a consultation, Dr. Erez Dayan can answer any further questions you may have to help you in your hair loss journey. Schedule a consultation today.