Are you tormented by thinning hair, the appearance of bald spots and a major hit to your self-esteem? If so, you are not alone. The average person loses around 100 strands of hair per day, which isn’t even noticed when there’s regrowth.
Thinning is natural fallout made more prominent by slowing regrowth. When growth stops altogether and natural hair fall rates stay normal, this is balding. Regardless of what you call them or where you draw the line between the two, the end result is the same: damaged self-esteem and a loss of confidence.
The Causes of Thinning Hair, Treatment and What You Can Do About It
No one wants to go through life with the vulnerable feelings that come with hair loss. There are a variety of reasons why your hair may start thinning; treatments targeted to your unique situation are sometimes the best course of action. Reasons why you may be seeing more hair in you brush and less on your scalp include:
- Side effects of medical treatment, like chemotherapy
- Autoimmune and other medical conditions like lupus, alopecia and diabetes
- Excessive stress
- Hormonal Imbalances
- Weakened hair filaments and stunted growth due to malnutrition
Why Invasive Surgery Isn’t Your Only Thinning Hair Treatment Option
When most people think of hair replacement therapy, the only options they know are surgical ones. The truth is, there are many less invasive options that can be highly effective in terms of thinning hair treatment.
- Low-Level Laser Therapy – Minimally invasive and non-surgical, low-level laser therapy works to stimulate blood flow to the scalp and promote healthy hair follicle activity.
- Bone Marrow Stem Cell Hair Loss Injections – Your own stem cells go to work for you with this minimally invasive procedure, which does not involve surgical intervention. This is a thinning hair treatment not only tailored to the unique needs of your body, but made from the very cells of your unique body.
- Micro-Droplet Fat Stem Cell Injections – Another thinning hair loss treatment created with stem cells from your very own body, micro-droplet fat stem cell injections target balding areas directly with injection.
- Microneedling – In a procedure that can be completed in just about an hour, microneedling triggers the natural wound healing defense mechanism of your body in the scalp area. Through this process, proteins that foster the development of new hair follicles can be stimulated. Microneedling is a great adjunctive therapy to other hair thinning treatments.
- PRP Injections – Where some treatments to address thinning hair feature a starring role by your own stem cells, PRP injections use your own plasma to help regrow hair. This treatment is ideally suited to men and women with slight to moderate hair loss.
Finding a Thinning Hair Treatment that Works
Hair that’s thinning can affect so much of your personality, sense of self and confidence. Fortunately, there is help in sight. Schedule a consultation at Avance Hair Transplant to learn more about these thinning hair treatments to decide which is best for your individual needs.